If you’re lucky enough to be taking the kids away for a bit, enjoy the chance to get them trying some new foods and menus from wherever you’re heading off to.
But if you’re quickly running out of ideas to keep your
little monsters little darlings entertained at home, here are our top ideas for things to do with them in the kitchen:
- Take a taste-cation. Who needs a round-the-world tour when you can cook your way around the world from the comfort of your own home? Try Let’s Get Cooking’s international recipe ideas including our beach-tastic Mango and Banana Lassi from Brazil. If you want to get really creative, you can even try learning some Portuguese with the recipe at the same time!
- Get on the podium. One year since the London Olympics, recreate the celebrations by baking salt dough medals using the activity on pages 6 and 7. You can’t actually eat them (sorry), but they’re great fun to decorate – perfect for their own medal ceremony in the back garden
- Fire up the BBQ. Get the kids doing some of the prep next time you’re planning a barbeque meal – here’s our recipe for Brilliant Burgers
- The (non-alcoholic) bar’s open. Get them experimenting with refreshing summer drinks they can make with you. Our summer fruit quenchers are a big hit
- Join our Getting Kids Cooking campaign with PizzaExpress for a chance to win. Try our pizza recipe and send us your pic.
- Bag it. Finally, we love this idea from blogger and writer Hattie Garlick – she’s used one of our jute bags to make an apron for toddlers in the kitchen. Genius!
Claire works in our communications team. Email Claire